Sunday, January 2, 2011

2010 WIP Recap 1/100 00

This is a recap for last years(2010) on 00 that I'll try to finish this year hopefully by the end of January I started back on August and really didn't have time for gunpla with school and work in the way also had to find a place to call my own and setup shop so finally I found it and hopefully will have more updates. I'll be posting here mainly till I have some real progress then I'll post on the forums dont wanna waste my fellow modelers time.

Here is what I did last year on torso and waist did the usually mod found online for the waist to swivel also I wanted to give a try on modding for articulation and to say the truth its really hard if you dont have the right material to do it but I seemed to managed a decent mod.

separated the torso in two (should've done a better job) added some basic structures with plaplate for milliput.
Added some plaplate as base for some milliput


Since my trimming was so wrong I SB the central part of the inner frame and attached it to the bottom part of torso, it still needs some detailing thogh.
I then trimmed some armor to accomodate the SB part and allow the armor some room for the up-down movement.
Not to bad I'm satisfied with the results being my first time and all, still needs some cleaning up and some panel lines too. I would of gotten better results  if I had the tools and materials I need at least I have a feel of what needs to be done.

Leg extension and detailing.

I wanted to add the correct proportions to the lower leg so went online for some inspiration and I found the 00 modeled by master keita and he did and extension of the upper leg and shortening of the lowe leg too and I went ahead and tried to immitate his modifications.
Shortening of lower leg need to resculpt with milliput putty
Extension of upper leg with plaplate

Added some putty to bulk up the upper leg and fix the modification in the lower leg

Added more putty to the bottom of feet will scribe some panel lines later

As a result of the mods I can place 00 on a bending position wich wasnt even possible with the original articulation. ^_^
I'm currently reworking some of the detailing on the torso armor didn'r really like what I did with and also the knees and legs so I will post those pics next time.

Thats all for the recap not much progress I'll try to include more gunpla in my schedule to finish this month.
Thanks till next post.











No comments:

Post a Comment